When Captain Briggs visited the fort there were seven of the Peshva's militia in the fort.
Kachna was one of the seventeen strong places that surrendered to the British after the fall of Trimbak in 1818.
Places of Interest
The fortification on the hill-top is also lying amidst ruins.
There is, however, plenty of water and the rock-cut rooms which must have served as granaries are now frequented by cattle.
How to Reach
Kachna Fort, about 3.21 km. (two miles) west of Koledhair and 16 km. (ten miles) north-west of Chandor in the Chandor range, is described by Captain Briggs who visited it in 1818, as a large hill and much steeper than the neighbouring fort of Koledhair.
The road to it lies from the north and from that road a bad pass to Gangathadi leads up to the fort.
Captain Briggs noticed a wall of loose stones, with a small opening in the middle which could be filled in no time, as running across nearly the whole breadth of the pass and enabling a handful of men to, defend the pass. Today, however, nothing except ruins remain to point out the existence of the wall.